Commercial property markets in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) have experienced dynamic growth during the past two decades. Reintegration with the European Union has brought projects in smaller emerging markets into the pool of potential acquisition targets for institutional investors.
Amber Real Estate LLC has been an early and active participant in these trends, bringing a well-rounded appreciation of the ups and downs that have accompanied the transition of these countries from former Soviet times through various financial crises to the present day.
Glenn Williamson first visited the region in 1981 while studying Russian as a student at St. Petersburg (then-Leningrad) State University. From 1994 to 2002, he lived in Sofia, St. Petersburg and Warsaw, working for Shorebank, GE Golub-Europe and PricewaterhouseCoopers while gaining experience in project financing, development and advisory services. Since forming Amber Real Estate in 2002, Williamson has travelled back and forth to the region on a semi-monthly basis, working in close cooperation with colleagues in Warsaw, St. Petersburg and Budapest.
The following 6 projects offer a sample of the variety of experience Amber offers:
1. Development of The Atrium at Nevsky 25, St. Petersburg, Russia.
2. Acquisition of the Enterprise Buildings, Sofia, Bulgaria
3. Dispositions for the Jewish Renaissance Foundation, Warsaw, Poland
4. Strategic Planning for the Gdansk Shipyard Redevelopment, Gdansk, Poland
5. Disposition of the Gundel Restaurant, Budapest, Hungary